Thursday, July 6, 2017

DARK AGE - The Forsaken forces of Saint Joan


It has taken me a little while to get this commission sorted, but thankfully my client is a patient guy. These models are the Forsaken St Joan sub-faction for Dark Age. With the new arrangement of boxed sets that CMON has put together for the game, all of these models can be found in one $80-box, and the contents total up to 925 points. Great for a game where the standard size games are either 500 or 750 points!




While the vast bulk of the models for Dark Age are spectacular, St Joan came under quite a bit of fire when she was released, because she didn't rally look like her badass artwork and it seemed her limbs were a little out of proportion. I wanted to have a go at bringing her "up to code" and so I tweaked a few things. You can see those tweaks in the photos below. I think it all worked out quite well.







I loved the color schemes of some of the Studio models, but wanted to see something more cohesive across the force, so I carried the main colors through from the St Joan model. The armor is a base of P3 Coal Black, highlighted up by gradually mixing in VMC Light Grey.


For the Furies, I tried to follow the Studio scheme very closely; using true metallics, however, rather than the NNM.


And finally for this batch I added in a set of Coils. My client is very happy to be able to add these to his currently template-heavy St Isaac force, too.

Cheers
Dave

2 comments:

  1. Dave, what did you use for the bases?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Earthling...

    When our eternal soul leaves our body at death
    and we wiseabove to meet our Maker,
    only four, last things remain:
    death, judgement, Heaven or Hell
    according to the deeds WEE mortals
    have done in our Finite Existence.

    PS° I'm a re-boot NDE:
    if you're RIGHT,
    you'll see the LIGHT -
    follow that to the Elysian Fields.
    Let's be tethered2forever Upstairs.

    Find-out what RCIA means and join.
    Make Your Choice -SAW

    ReplyDelete