Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Thanks for waiting, I hope you like your tanks : )


A little while back I posted about some Shermans I had converted for my friend (and blog-follower) Jake. Here's that post.

Well, with Jake visiting AdeptiCon next week to run a couple of seminars on digital sculpting, I thought I could save some money on shipping to Australia and please Jake at the same time. To that end I've been working to get this squadron of Pacific Theater tanks ready for the trip to Chicago.

I tried hard to match the conversions and paint job to those images sent by Jake, and I fully realize that they might not be 100% accurate, but I hope they're not too far off. As you can see, the tanks are beat to hell, with quite a lot of chipped paint and rusty areas. The salt air can really do a number on ferrous metals.



I named the lead tank Fireball, after a WW2 wargame called Fireball Forward.


And this tank was named Ducky. Jake is a University of Oregon alum, so I thought he'd get a kick out of that connection ; )






I hope you like them!

Cheers
Dave

6 comments:

  1. Brilliant work, they look excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You missed a great opportunity to say tanks for waiting. They look great btw.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Dave, these are absolutely phenomenal. They completely blew me away and are far better than I ever dreamed of!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those look fantastic, I'm looking forward to more Pacific Theatre action at the end of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey I am professional writer at Sample Assignment.

    The assignment help that they delivered was just flawless. I have also contacted their experts for best assignment help in Australiathat was delivered before the deadline. Their 100% plagiarism-free work and the professional team of experts is what makes them unique. Also, the way how they catered to my urgency level brings me back to them for more and more Online assignment help Australia.

    ReplyDelete