Monday, January 19, 2015

Solar Auxilia - Thudd Gun Battery


It has been a busy week. Lots of models assembled, quite a few painted, and even more photographed, but that's all been for work (some hobby articles for Ninja Division and Warlord Games). I did get a chance to finally wrap up my Solar Auxilia Thudd Gun battery!

These are an Elite choice for the Solar Auxilia list, the Rapier battery upgraded to Quad Mortars. The Frag shells are pretty good (Heavy 4, Barrage, and 3" template), but the Shatter wheels are nice too (no template, but Strength 8 and re-roll armor penetration).

I've loved the models since they were released for the Death Korps of Krieg, and I was happy to find them in my basement stash : )





More to come soon.

Cheers
Dave

12 comments:

  1. Do love Thudd Guns, so wish I hadn't sold the three I bought...hindsight is so often 20/20.

    The unit looks great and the crewman with his hands over his ears is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for that. Yep, hindsight is certainly 20/20, but you can't have regrets, right? The crew are from the Vostroyan mortar team , and certainly fit the bill.

      Delete
  2. I have very fond memories of the thud guns when they first came out. Remember the multi part scatter template? Great paint jobs as always; your compliments with the blue grey and the orange ground really make the models stand out.
    Cheers
    Ths

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember cutting out a few of those to use with my scratch built thudd guns (made from pen barrels) back in the day. Thanks for your kind words on the colors : )

      Delete
  3. A really fantastic looking unit, you can almost hear the noise of those guns!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely! Always been a big fan of the Thudd Gun, and the Vostroyan crewmen work a treat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, thanks to my friend Kyle I was able to round out a full compliment of crew : )

      Delete
  5. Great job Dave. I also love the characters with the guns. Those crewmen fit it perfectly!

    ReplyDelete