Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Charity efforts, an update. And a Death Guard Moritat.


Well, let's get the Moritat out of the way. I've only faced one of these guys in my handful of 30K games. It was at the Old Line Massacre back in June, and the Night Lords Moritat armed with two plasma pistols took out my Arch Magos Prime in a single round of shooting. Impressive to say the least. Many online will decry this particular loadout, and many gamers have banned it from play in their gaming groups. Is it a nasty combination? Yes. Will I get t use it all that often? Not really. Did I just want to model a BIG guy for my Death Guard? You betcha.

In the photo above he's standing next to one of my recently finished Breachers, both are on Dragon Forge bases.


The last two years I've participated in the charity activity that is Movember, growing a mustache to both raise awareness of men's health issues, and money for research into same. This year I have a lot going on, and couldn't divert energy away to keep up with the regular promotion required to make such an endeavor a success. So, I won't be growing a mo this year. Instead, I urge you to check out the page of my friends Brien and Chris who'll be rocking the 'stache all month long!


To make sure I'm still giving this November, I'll be donating these two units of 15mm American Civil War models to the Toys For Tots auction being run by the Wednesday Night Painting Group at Fall-In this coming weekend. Shawn and the team have been running this for a number of years now, and each year it continues to grow. If you are in the market for 15mm ACW units and are going to Fall-In, please stop by the Silent Auction and put in the winning bid ; )


Finally I can now announce that, following the success of the 2014 NOVA Open Charitable Foundation activities, I've been invited to join the board of the NOCF. Last night I attended my first board meeting, and I am happy to say that we'll be growing the offering of the raffles and auctions and other activities. As soon as our plans are locked down we'll start to roll out the good news : )

Have a great Wednesday, everyone!

Cheers
Dave

16 comments:

  1. That Moritat figure is killing it. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Rolz. The legs and torso (heavy trimmed) are the plastic Nurgle Champion from the Warhammer range.

      Delete
  3. Looks awesome. Glad I could inspire something that cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nate. Your Moritat certainly left an impression ; )

      Delete
  4. Death Guard conversion is killer. That's the kind of thing I keep coming back to your blog for :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the Death Guard conversion as well. I think your sculpt matches the brutality of the rules well.

    Congratulations on joining the Nova Open Charitable Foundation's board. You've done so much for charity over the years, that this makes so much sense. I can't wait for the next charity project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks John, and don't worry, I have a very special plan for you ; )

      Delete
  6. Dave,

    Make sure you protect the Moritat inside a Rhino or Spartan and drive full tilt towards a Primarch or another juicy target and nailed him. Make your opponents cry, "Mommy!"

    Don

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome work on the Moritat.
    Congratulations on joining Charitable Foundation's, we must all do what we can on our scale.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Man, stop making me want to rip off your ideas.

    ReplyDelete