Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Flood Appeal Auctions and some Greatswords!


Well, I felt a bit better today. Well enough to get some photos taken this evening after the little one went to bed. But you get to see those later.

As part of Deepstrike Radio's Flood Appeal, Chris and the guys rounded up a bunch of donations from the 40K community and have now put up TWO Space Marine armies (New In Box) for auction on eBay. Here are the links:


Please check them out, and if you're in the market for a new Space Marine army, please buy it here. All proceeds go to the relief of the victims of the recent Queensland floods. And hey, the winners of each auction will get an HQ model painted by me ; )


I mentioned that I had started work on my Greatswords. I posted a pic of the guys above a few months ago. Of course, almost all of them had to come off the base for painting. Once I get the base painted, the bear and his handler get the paint treatment.



Above and below you can see the first six Greatswords that took just over a week to paint, thanks to the crazy cold-ridden weekend. With another 24 guys in that unit, I'll need to pick up the pace once I get rid of all this mucus ; )


So, thanks for checking out the progress on my Armies on Parade entry and possibly even placing a few generous bids on those Space Marine armies for a good cause.

Cheers
Dave

7 comments:

  1. speakin of floodin, this saturday just gone (australia time, currently 4pm wednesday), alot of melbourne and the south eastern suburbs got flooded out... lygon street in the city was under a meter (3ft for the non-metric users) of water in some spots...
    i live up the top of a hill on the coast, at least 20m above sea level, and the garage i do my warhammer in got flooded out...
    lucky for me was only like an inche and everything is on shelves...

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh and btw, i think those links are broken...
    didnt seem to work for me...

    ReplyDelete
  3. As always you have done some stunning work, Dave. Where do the pieces for the pillar come from?

    Messanger

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely looking models. Makes me want to get cracking on my Empire army. Did you make the bases yourself, or are they cast?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck on the flood appeal and those great swords do look spiffy.

    Cheers
    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi guys, thanks for the comments:

    @Meph - dude, sounds like you're having a really tough time of it lately. I better stop complaining ; ) Also, links seems to work fine for me : (
    @MoD - The parts for the pillar come from Dragon Forge Design. Jeff has a small pack of cool tumbled pillars that work great as extra bits on his temple basing series.
    @Courtney - Dragon Forge Design for the bases. They're nice aren't they. This set are his Temple series, for the same in round bases they're called Sanctuary (I think)
    @Chris - Thanks!

    Cheers
    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  7. hehe all good mate, my models n beer fridge werent affected, illness's mentioned on your last blog are clearin up if not already gone, and just tried the links and they work, so all good on all fronts! :D

    ReplyDelete